CEDEC, Council for Anglophone Magdalen Islanders (CAMI) and the Municipality of Grosse-Ile are happy to announce that the Grosse-Ile Tourism Development Plan has been finalized. The partnership group is currently working to organize a round table meeting of partners to mobilize support for the implementation of the plan. The plan includes:
- Major renovations to the two local museums as well as the development of new and more modern interpretive tools;
- Improvements and beautification of the local outdoor service site, including the creation of a walking / biking trail;
- Developments at both the Jacques Cartier and Seacow Path sites;
- Improvements to the infrastructure located at Old Harry Beach, including the creation of a mini interpretation centre;
- The potential development of a 10 bedroom Inn to be located on Old Harry Beach;
- The implementation of an interpretation program which consists of interpretive panels and an audio tour; and
- The implementation of a way finding signage system.
The Plan is now available in hard copy, at the offices of the CEDEC, CAMI and Municipality of Grosse-Ile for those who wish to review it on site.