Employment and Contracts
Employment Opportunities with CEDEC
Reference Number: 20170721
Location: To be determined.
Terms of Employment: Full-time until March 31, 2019
CEDEC is a leading partner and driving force for community economic development and employability. CEDEC sparks economic innovation in building forward-looking, prosperous and confident communities across Quebec through sharing expertise, knowledge and building partnerships.
Working on CEDECs Co-op Vocational Training Program, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of a communications plan. The Communications Coordinator will also draft and edit content such as media releases, reports, publicity items, social media posts and will lead the design of promotional items, documentary video production, webinars, and dissemination of project progress.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in a discipline relevant to communications, marketing, journalism, public relations and 3 years of progressive and pertinent work experience
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating communication plans and materials
- Bilingual: English and French (spoken and written)
- Strong computer literacy with demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office (including Publisher, PowerPoint, Adobe etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and establish and maintain effective working relationships and partnerships with people from various levels within First Nations, Inuit and/or Metis communities
- Ability to work independently and function well in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including facilitation, presentation and editing skills to write, edit, and present.
- Ability to explain complex concepts in plain language to a diverse audience.
- Demonstrated ability in successfully delivering projects under tight deadlines.
- Well-developed project management skills to coordinate projects.
- Ability to work in a flexible structure.
- Willingness to work overtime with short notice.
- Ability to travel (up to 40% of the time during initial phases of project)
To apply for this position, email your resume with cover letter to the Community Economic Development and Employability Corporation (CEDEC) at email@example.com by August 14, 2017. Please include the reference number and job title in the subject line of your email. Only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.