Employment and Contracts
Employment Opportunities with CEDEC
Reference Number: 20180111
Location: New Carlisle
Terms of employment: Contract (37.5 hours per week)
Working in the MRC d’Avignon, CEDEC is seeking an individual with experience in community economic development to work with community leaders to achieve the economic potential of the MRC d’Avignon. This exciting and challenging opportunity will be undertaken in the communities of Matapédia, Pointe-à-la-Croix, Escuminac, Ristigouche-Sud-Est, Nouvelle, and the Mi’kmaq communities of Gesgapegiag and Listuguj.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Lead the prioritizing and development of projects that will have positive economic impacts in the communities of Matapédia, Pointe-à-la-Croix, Escuminac, Ristigouche-Sud-Est, Nouvelle, and the Mi’kmaq communities of Gesgapegiag and Listuguj
- Support leaders in the communities of Matapédia, Pointe-à-la-Croix, Escuminac, Ristigouche-Sud-Est, Nouvelle, Gesgapegiag and Listuguj in their plans for economic development
- Organize and facilitate meetings with stakeholders
The requirements for this position are as follows:
- Post-secondary education in community economic development, economic development or a related field.
- Two years of experience in a community economic development, economic development or a related field.
- Experience engaging stakeholders for the purpose of achieving measurable impacts.
- Strong organizational skills, able to process and act on information in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to follow direction and work independently as necessary
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and in French
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office (including Publisher, PowerPoint, etc.)
In addition, CEDEC seeks a person of integrity with the ability to inspire and engage others in Community Economic Development and Employability activities that will generate positive economic impacts.
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Reference Number: 20180111 in the subject line.
Deadline to apply is January 24, 2018 at 5 pm.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. We wish to express our appreciation to all who respond to this opportunity.
The QCGN is seeking a bilingual, highly dynamic, results-oriented individual with a strong background in business development, project management, and community outreach to manage the second year of this project for English-speaking organizations across the province.