Offres d’emploi et postes contractuels
Offres d’emploi externes
Description disponible en anglais seulement.
Seniors Action Quebec seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Project Coordinator of this federally funded two-year project. It will be implemented in three regions of Quebec, in collaboration with English-speaking community organizations in each region. The project aims to identify socially isolated seniors, and reduce their isolation by the use of trained volunteers who will help the seniors navigate government and other services that respond to their needs. The project will start in July 2016, and end in June 2018.
- The global responsibility of the Project Coordinator (PC) is to see that the GPS for Seniors project is implemented as described in the project proposal and detailed budget, and other documents subsequently produced clarifying different aspects of the project, all of which are attached to, and are part of this job description;
- The PC works under the authority of the Seniors Action Quebec (SAQ) Steering Committee named by the board to monitor project implementation, and reports to the President of the Board, or that person’s delegate;
- The principal responsibilities are:
- Build and lead a team focused on project implementation with the local project leaders named by the project partners;
- Assure, directly or indirectly, that all documentation needed for the project is available in a timely fashion, including interim and final activity and financial reports to the funder;
- Assist the local project leaders, by all reasonable means, to recruit, train, supervise and retain the volunteers who will participate in the project;
- Assist and support the local project leaders in detecting and mapping where isolated English-speaking seniors are in the territories of the project partners, and in developing strategies to contact them;
- Assure that local project leaders implement the measures in the project intended to respect the confidentiality of all information gathered during the project;
- Document all steps of project implementation;
- Assure that the detailed budget is respected;
- Provide the SAQ Steering Committee with information that permits them to assess the progress of project implementation, and to advise them without delay of any situation that risks obstructing project implementation, or causing departure from the detailed budget provisions;
- Assist and support the project partners in the development of sustainability strategies that permit some or all of the project activities to continue after the project is over;
- Act on behalf of SAQ, when required and authorized, in all events planned to inform partners or the public about the project and its results.
Project Coordinator profile
- Minimum of a CEGEP Diploma (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience working with seniors
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience in project management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Quebec’s Health and Social Services network
- Demonstrated capability to multi-task, respect deadlines
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and use of the internet for research and communication purposes
- Prepared to work flexible hours if required
- Prepared to travel, if required and when necessary
- Bilingualism will be an asset
References will be requested.
- The Project Coordinator will enter into a professional services contract with SAQ. At no time will he/she be a regular employee of SAQ.
- Hours: 24 hrs./week; 48 weeks/year
- Remuneration: $29/hour
- Place of work: SAQ office-781, boul. Décarie, Suite 204, Ville Saint-Laurent, QC H4L 3L3
Submission of applications
Please send a covering letter and CV by email only no later than 5pm May 20th to:
- Ruth Pelletier, President, Seniors Action Quebec email@example.com
Interested candidates can request the following documents:
- Project activity summary as submitted to ESDC
- Project budget summary
- Building on the ‘Community Watchdog’ and ‘Buddy System’ programs; document submitted to ESDC.