Employment and Contracts
Employment Opportunities with CEDEC
No postings at this time.
Y4Y Quebec is currently accepting applications for a Coordinator to work on Project Aliana (“Healing” in Inuktituk). This position is anticipated for a period of 7 months with a salary of $18 per hour at 25 hours each week. This position is anticipated to begin on November 4th, 2019.
- Ongoing communication with and facilitation of the Youth Committee in Kangiqsujuak
- Facilitating dialogue between the Kangiqsujuak Youth Committee and Y4Y during monthly Committee meetings
- Development of a 3-part youth workshop series
- Development and planning for a two-day suicide-prevention and healing Youth Forum in Nunavik in April 2020
- Providing support to the Youth Committee in the creating of a video documentary on the current suicide crisis in the North
- Promoting public awareness of Project Aliana
- Support consultant in the development of a Community Resource Guide for the Nunavik region
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary completion in human services, social work or other applicable program
- Experience with Indigenous youth work or youth programming
- Knowledge of social, economic and health concerns relevant to the Indigenous community and understanding of culture in contemporary society
- Experience with high-risk and at-risk youth
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends including travel to the North
- Experience liaising and consulting with a wide range of community partners and stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and engage Indigenous youth
- Excellent communication and public relations skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
Applications must be forwarded to the Y4Y Office at the below coordinates on or before Thursday, October 17th at 4:00 pm: email@example.com
Questions regarding this position may be directed to Adrienne Winrow, Executive Director, at the aforementioned coordinates.
Please note that only those candidates who meet the qualifications for this posting will be contacted for an interview.
Do you want to get paid while improving your French? Due to the ongoing interest in the francisation program, a few more spaces have been opened for people to participate!
Register now and get an employment opportunity immediately after the program is finished with Mont SUTTON!
Reach out to Judith Lauriault-Lagacé at firstname.lastname@example.org to register today before all spaces are gone!
For more information visit: https://montsutton.com/emploi/programme-francisation/