Employment and Contracts
Employment Opportunities with CEDEC
No postings at this time.
Call for applications – Director of SALAWEG
Three indigenous communities (the Micmacs of Gesgapegiag, the Micmac Nation of Gespeg and the Maliseets of Viger First Nation) are joining forces to continue the processing and marketing of sea kelp products. The products have been developed in recent years and are marketed under the name of SALAWEG. The three communities wish to arouse the interest of the members of its communities to become involved in this new entity. For more information on the SALAWEG project: www.salaweg.com or our Facebook page: SALAWEG.
The manager of SALAWEG will be accompanied by multiple expert resources for the processing, marketing and sales development of kelp products. This person will have to demonstrate leadership, interpersonal skills, autonomy, perseverance and rigor in order to achieve SALAWEG’s sales objectives.
Description of tasks
• Coordinate all SALAWEG activities
• Hire, plan and manage human resources in transformation;
• Manage SALAWEG operations;
• Plan and develop sales through different sale channels;
• Follow up with the shareholders;
• Carry out communications: radio interview, television, prints, etc., feed social networks, update the website;
• Commercial representation at congresses, conferences, events such as fairs, mawiomi or pow wow;
• Ensure that all permits required for SALAWEG’s activities are up-to-date;
• Meeting with clients (Montreal, Quebec, Toronto, etc.).