Employment and Contracts
Employment Opportunities with CEDEC
No postings at this time.
The responsibility of the Managing Director of the Dollard Center for the Arts or DCA, a not-for-profit association, is to organize, manage and oversee a viable program of artistic and cultural activities as made available to the citizens of Dollard-des-Ormeaux under its mandate. He/she is essentially responsible for all business aspects of the management of a small non-profit organization and reports to and work under the authority of the Board of Directors of the DCA.
1. Work 35 hours per week on a flexible schedule to manage and oversee program function and personnel and to interface with the public seeking DCA services.
2. Has general oversight of program content for all DCA departments, being specifically responsible for the Performing Arts Department, Craft Fair, Summer Fine Arts Camp and events. Works collaboratively with the Curator of the Galerie de la Ville and Director of the Adult Arts Courses.
3. Manages all DCA department budgets.
4. Researches and applies for relevant grants.
5. Oversees hiring and supervision of all staff.
6. Is responsible for marketing and promotion of all programs.
7. Oversees all aspects of the payroll, accounting and government requirements.
8. Works collaboratively with the City of Dollard departments and other associations.
9. The Managing Director will adopt and maintain good business practices at all times to ensure that the Dollard Center for the Arts is supporting the needs of the teaching staff, students, City Council and the community that we serve.
1. A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Arts Management or related fields and experience in this field of five (5) years or more. Experience in the arts field of at least five (5) years.
2. A passion for the arts and understands and supports the value of arts programming and education for the community.
3. General computer skills and knowledge of accounting and budgeting; most specifically, SAGE Accounting 2015 or higher.
4. Fluently bilingual in French and English as well as the ability to communicate well in both – written, spoken and read.
5. Strong management, administrative experience and organizational skills.
6. Strong interpersonal skills.
7. Experience in public relations, marketing and graphic design an asset.
8. Access to a car is an asset to handle purchase of some materials and equipment, banking, research and supervision of programs not located in the Civic Centre.
Starting Salary: $45,000
Tentative starting date: January 7, 2019.
Please send CV and letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org. CV’s must be received by December 15, 2018.
St. Patrick’s Cemetery is seeking a superintendent for general management and upkeep of St. Patrick’s Cemetery in Quebec City’s Sainte-Foy / Sillery borough.
Part of the job is training and leading cemetery employees, grounds maintenance and improvement, knowledge of mechanical equipment and ability to handle burial functions.
- 40 hours / week, seasonal work
- Position includes option to rent Gatehouse located on premises
- Experience working at cemeteries and in horticulture are assets
- Proficiency in English and French
Send résumé by December 22nd, 2018, to St. Patrick’s Parish manager:
- By email: email@example.com
- By mail: St. Patrick’s Church, 1145 de Salaberry, Québec, QC G1R 2C2.