Date(s) - 22/01/2018 - 24/01/2018
Join CEDEC at Cannexus18!
Cannexus is Canada’s largest bilingual career development conference and will bring together 1,000 professionals in the field from across education, community, government and private sectors. It is designed to promote the exchange of information and explore innovative approaches in the areas of career counselling and career development.
Three exciting keynotes will take the stage to share knowledge and inspiration at Cannexus18:
There will be more than 100 education sessions that will bring you the latest trends in effective counselling and facilitation techniques, labour market information, and working with diverse populations.
CEDEC will offer a session about its Service Evaluation of Workforce Development Services in Quebec. The Service Evaluation process and the development of a framework for an employer-centered service continuum will be explored. Participants will also learn how a more coordinated approach to English-language workforce development services would benefit employers, service providers and job seekers.
An Exhibitor Showcase will also highlight a range of beneficial products and services in the field.
You can enhance your conference experience by taking an optional pre-conference workshop. Choose among workshops with popular presenters and go in-depth on these current topics:
- Understanding and Applying the Sacred Algonquin Teachings of the Healing Circle & Wellness Wheel, Annie Smith St-Georges, Algonquin Elder
- Not-for-Profit Finance for the Non-Finance Manager: Bootcamp Edition, Betty Ferreira, Restructure Consulting
- Deconstructing Clients’ Career Anxiety by Creating Positive Narratives & Co-Constructed Plans, Sonny Wong, Ryerson University
- Employability as a Strategy for Seeking Meaningful Employment, Jeff Landine, University of New Brunswick
- Transforming Leadership Skills and HR Strategies that Increase Employee Engagement and Get Results!, Ken Keis, Consulting Resource Group
- Strategic Résumés for Challenging Clients – Real-World Résumé Strategy! Sharon Graham & Wayne Pagani, Career Professionals of Canada
- Empowering the Employment Sector to Serve Youth with Mental Health Issues, Marysia Parry, Youth Employment Services Toronto
Cannexus is presented by the Canadian Education and Research Institute for Counselling (CERIC) and supported by The Counselling Foundation of Canada with a broad network of supporting organizations.