Job Opportunity: Manager, Collaborative Economic Development Lower North Shore
In this time of far-reaching economic change, CEDEC, in collaboration with Coasters Association is looking for a leading-edge team player eager to work with public, private, and civil society partners on the Lower North Shore to identify and build on opportunities that will unlock the full economic potential of communities.
If you are ready to bring game-changing, innovative ideas that will contribute to the economic well-being and sustainability of communities, we invite you to apply.
The successful candidate will:
- Gather and explore on-the-ground intelligence that identifies and informs the development of results-driven, collaborative economic development opportunities and ventures.
- Identify, assess, and support results-driven, collaborative economic development opportunities and ventures.
- Develop relationships with public, private, and civil society stakeholders.
- Lead stakeholders through the evaluation process to identify opportunities that lead to concrete economic benefits for communities.
- Facilitate and manage creative thinking and collaborative action with public, private, and civil society partners.
- Evaluate and report results in relation to clear performance expectations.
- Work with CEDEC’s dynamic team to leverage investments that support all of the above.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in economics, economic development, labour market development, business, or equivalent experience in a related field.
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience.
- Very good knowledge of the business community milieu and investment trends.
- The ability to elicit the best from colleagues, stakeholders, and partners.
- Good listening and communication skills, a willingness to accept differences of opinion, and an ability to act with tact and diplomacy.
- The ability to encourage and facilitate productive communication and collaboration in a team-based environment.
- The skills to manage interpersonal conflict in a team environment.
- Experience in budgeting, team building, and project management.
- Analytical capacity (qualitative and quantitative), the ability to work autonomously, and an acute sense of the responsibilities and skills required for collaboration.
- An aptitude for creativity, innovation, and vision.
- The skills necessary to adapt to change and manage change within teams.
- The ability to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines.
- The ability to communicate effectively in both English and French (spoken and written).
- Strong computer literacy in using Microsoft Office.
- Integrity and a professional attitude.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to set and focus on priorities.
Position Type: Senior Level Project Management
Job Status: Full Time for the period ending March 31, 2023
Job Location: Lower North Shore
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until a suitable applicant is found.
Please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
CEDEC is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
The Community Economic Development and Employability Corporation (CEDEC) is an economic and labour force development organization working to improve the economic well-being of communities in a time of rapid and far-reaching economic change. CEDEC believes that public-private-civil society collaboration drives innovation and productivity, which are critical to meeting the challenges of transformational economic change, both domestically and globally. As such, CEDEC draws on combined and collaborative contributions from all three sectors to create innovation that generates economic value and growth to benefit Canada, its communities, and its people.
The Coasters Association Inc., formed in 1988 by a group of concerned coastal residents and incorporated in 1991, is a non-profit organization with the clear objective of creating, supporting and promoting ideas and actions that contribute to the vitality of the Lower North Shore.