The Revitalization Process: From Idea to Action
If a community is to grow and thrive, local governments and organizations should be engaging citizens to generate new ideas and take ownership of the results.
How can it help your community?
Many revitalization projects are the beginning of an entire community renewal. The long-term benefits of these projects can include the creation of more jobs, improvement in community relations and community empowerment. Communities can experience an enhancement of the quality of life through any or all of the following:
- Community beautification (e.g.: flower beds, holiday decorating contests)
- Residential development (e.g.: new housing developments, tax breaks for new residents)
- Improvements in municipal infrastructure (e.g.: new sidewalks, increased parking)
- Development of arts, culture and heritage-related activities and infrastructure (e.g. cultural centre, music festival)
- Tourism development projects (e.g. tourist stop, campground, trails)
- Business development (e.g. zoning changes, agricultural transformation facility)
- Development of sports and recreation-related activities and infrastructure (e.g. sports arena, soccer field)
The Four Phases of CEDEC Revitalization
The Evaluation Package will help you identify the key assets and opportunities to be explored as well as key obstacles to be addressed.
Leading to: a common vision of direction for development.
The Mobilization Package will help you recognize long term goals with community members, important partners and stakeholders.
Leading to: mobilized community members and development committees.
The Planning Package will provide you with a plan that clearly outlines the steps required to reach the desired goals for your mobilized community.
Leading to: prioritized action plan phases and the development of projects.
The Action Package will provide the support needed to develop projects, identify funding, and complete your economic action plan.
Leading to: new businesses, new infrastructures, new jobs, increased revenue and a sustainable economy.