Opportunities at CEDEC
We’re not just looking for talent, we’re looking for YOU!
Currently, there aren’t any positions open at CEDEC. Please check back often and be sure to follow CEDEC on LinkedIn.
Are you a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative, economic development professional with the motivation, skills, and enthusiasm required to unlock the full economic potential of communities? Are you ready and willing to work with public-private-civil society partners to create new jobs, place available talent in existing jobs, create and expand businesses and social enterprises, increase trade, and attract new investments?
If you want to contribute to improving the economic well-being of individuals and communities, CEDEC is looking for you!
The Community Economic Development and Employability Corporation (CEDEC) is an economic and labour force development organization working to improve the economic well-being of English-speaking individuals and communities across Quebec. CEDEC believes in the power of collaboration to generate the innovation and mutual support necessary to take full advantage of the economic development potential of community assets and advantages.
We are currently looking to fill Economic Development Manager positions in the Greater Montreal Area, the Eastern Townships/Central Quebec and the Bas-Saint-Laurent/Gaspé region. These positions involve broad geographic responsibilities that will necessitate some travel.
CEDEC is pleased to offer a competitive salary and a flexible working environment to successful candidates.
- Work with economic development authorities, agencies, public, private and civil society stakeholders to gather and explore on-the-ground intelligence that identifies economic development opportunities that will generate tangible economic benefits.
- Lead the work to frame, assess, and pursue collaborative economic development opportunities that will generate tangible economic benefits.
- Work with public, private, and civil society stakeholders to plan, build and fund the long-term capacity required to take advantage of specific economic development opportunities.
- Provide professional advice and leadership to stakeholders and communities.
- Evaluate and report economic development outcomes and impacts.
Work with CEDEC’s team to leverage investments that support all of the above.
As the ideal candidate, you possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in economics, economic development, labour market development, business, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience in economic development or a related field.
- A willingness to continually improve and master your knowledge of economic development theory and its practical application.
- A natural disposition to listen effectively, be collaborative, and mould a variety of points of view into a common course of action.
- Successfully manage differences of opinion and conflict when they arise.
- Highly developed and demonstrable communication and organizational skills
- The ability to manage priorities and deadlines.
- The ability to communicate effectively in both French and English.
- A track record that demonstrates creativity and innovation.
- Experience in budgeting, team building, project management, change management.
- Good information technology, data collection and analytical skills.
- Integrity and a professional attitude.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Locations: Quebec, Negotiable, see details above.
Salary: $55,000 to $75,000 per annum commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Deadline: September 25, 2023
How to Apply:
Please send your résumé along with a cover letter expressing your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify “Economic Development Manager Positions” in the subject line of your email.
Please confirm in your cover letter or résumé that you are legally able to work in Canada.
CEDEC is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and can reach their full potential.
Why is CEDEC right for you?
CEDEC helps communities achieve lasting economic success with a collaborative hub model that drives innovation, labour force development and investment.
But what does that mean for you? Why does that make CEDEC the place you’ll want to share your skills and experience?
Working at CEDEC means that there are numerous opportunities for you to meaningfully contribute to the community in which you live and countless others across the province and the country.
It also means that the work you do will lead to tangible benefits and noticeable impact like building and scaling forward-looking businesses; growing local, regional, national, and global trade; upskilling workers and creating jobs; and boosting investment in viable ventures.
And there’s plenty of room for creativity, exploration of new ideas, and leadership development!
But the best part? The CEDEC team. Not only does CEDEC ascribe to working collaboratively outside of the organization, but it’s how we roll on the inside as well. You’ll be surrounded by colleagues who are invested in seeing you succeed and who offer the support and resources to help you excel.
We’re looking forward to saying “welcome aboard”!