Opportunities at CEDEC
We’re not just looking for talent, we’re looking for YOU!
Currently, there aren’t any positions open at CEDEC. Please check back often and be sure to follow CEDEC on LinkedIn.
New Job Posting
Are you a driven, innovative, and collaborative communications professional with a demonstrated track record of success? Do you want to work with a dynamic and motivated team focused on improving the economic well-being of individuals and communities?
If the answer to both these questions is yes, CEDEC is looking for someone like you to fill the position of Senior Director, Communications and Marketing. This is a full-time position, and the place of work is negotiable.
The Community Economic Development and Employability Corporation (CEDEC) is an expert economic development organization, funded by the Government of Canada to ensure the economic development of the Official Language Minority Community in Quebec (OLMCQ), including business, labour market, and employment service development.
With offices across the province and an active presence in every region of Quebec, CEDEC takes an integrated, collaborative, results-oriented, and community-centric approach to carrying out its economic development mandate and conducting its business.
The Senior Director, Communications and Marketing is a critical member of CEDEC’s Management Team. Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Senior Director will be responsible for successfully implementing CEDEC’s 2023-2026 Strategic Communications and Marketing Plan, and building, leading, and managing a team of internal and external professionals to effectively deliver the same. The primary responsibilities associated with the position are as follows:
- Provide advice and support to the Vice President Operations on all organization communication and marketing matters.
- Successfully deliver CEDEC’s 2023-2026 Strategic Communications and Marketing Plan.
- Promote CEDEC, its mission, values, priorities, and policies.
- Inform the public and stakeholders about the importance of the economy, and the value of economic development for individual and community well-being.
- Strengthen and grow stakeholder support for CEDEC and its unique Collaborative Economic Development approach.
- Build, lead and manage a team of internal and external communications and marketing professionals.
- Oversee the production and dissemination of a broad range of communications and marketing products and support tools.
- Act as CEDEC’s spokesperson with media and at special events.
- Actively participate and contribute to issues management.
- Actively contribute to the success of CEDEC’s management team
As an ideal candidate, you bring the following skills, aptitudes and qualifications to the table:
- A university degree in communications or marketing, or a related field (exceptionally, equivalent experience will be considered).
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in communications and marketing and digital marketing.
- The skills and experience necessary to produce strategic and targeted communications products and tools.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to communicate complex ideas and concepts with precision, clarity, and simplicity of language.
- The ability to build and manage a small, high-performance team of internal and external communications and marketing professionals. This includes the ability to communicate and manage performance expectations.
- A hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves leadership and management approach.
- Proven capability to prioritize, juggle multiple demands, and deliver quality communication and marketing products and tools, on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated ability in exercising excellent judgment in terms of organizational positioning in complex environments.
- A strong background in the creation and communication of public policy, ideally in the context of economic development and official languages.
- A high level of English and French language proficiency.
- Experience working in the area of economic development or with economic development professionals.
- Experience working in Quebec and familiarity with opportunities impacting the economic well-being of individuals and communities throughout Quebec.
How to Apply
Please send your résumé along with a cover letter expressing your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify “Senior Director, Communications and Marketing Position” in the subject line of your email.
Application Deadline: This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please confirm in your cover letter or résumé that you are legally able to work in Canada. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
CEDEC is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and can reach their full potential.
Why is CEDEC right for you?
CEDEC helps communities achieve lasting economic success with a collaborative hub model that drives innovation, labour force development and investment.
But what does that mean for you? Why does that make CEDEC the place you’ll want to share your skills and experience?
Working at CEDEC means that there are numerous opportunities for you to meaningfully contribute to the community in which you live and countless others across the province and the country.
It also means that the work you do will lead to tangible benefits and noticeable impact like building and scaling forward-looking businesses; growing local, regional, national, and global trade; upskilling workers and creating jobs; and boosting investment in viable ventures.
And there’s plenty of room for creativity, exploration of new ideas, and leadership development!
But the best part? The CEDEC team. Not only does CEDEC ascribe to working collaboratively outside of the organization, but it’s how we roll on the inside as well. You’ll be surrounded by colleagues who are invested in seeing you succeed and who offer the support and resources to help you excel.
We’re looking forward to saying “welcome aboard”!