Ivan Hale has over 20 years experience managing charities and non-profit organizations at the local, provincial, national and international levels. A strong advocate for the rights and interests of aging citizens, Ivan devoted more than 15 years as National Secretary of One Voice, The Canadian Seniors Network and for two years he held the position of Secretary General of the International Federation on Ageing.
In 1982, Ivan was inducted into the Order of Canada for his work at the Canadian Bureau for International Education where he designed and managed national educational exchanges at the secondary and post-secondary levels.
Ivan has served as director on the following boards:
- Mobility International
- International Bureau for Professional Development
- North York YM-YWCA
- Ottawa YM-YWCA
- Gatineau South syndicate of the Union des producteurs agricoles (President)
- Outaouais-Laurentides Union des producteurs agricoles (Vice-president)
- International Federation on Ageing (Served as Vice-president for North America)
- HelpAge Canada (Serves as Vice-president)
Married with 3 children, he lives in western Quebec and manages an organic beef farm.